Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How to Apply for a Japanese Visa: A Filipino Backpacker's Version

                   When I started working one of the first few things I was saving up for was not a gadget but a trip abroad.I wanted to see the world. At first I didn’t want to go to other Southeast Asian countries because I thought they were just like the Philippines.Of course, I was wrong. I didn’t want to go to Hong kong either because I thought it was just a modern concrete jungle. At the time I actually had my eye on Beijing. The problem I had was the availability of cheap flights to Beijing . Cebupacific,the only airline I could afford for trips abroad didn’t have direct flights to Beijing yet.They had one to Shanghai which is so far from Beijing and I had heard that it’s hard to purchase train tickets from Shanghai to Beijing. With all the daunting facts I kept my options open so I kept researching. One day while browsing the Cebupacific ‘s website I came across an ad about cheap flights to Japan. Suddenly, I got curious, so I called up a travel agency and asked for the requirements for tourist visa application for Japan. One of the important requirements is a bank certificate so I asked the lady on the other line how much money should I have in my account to be granted a tourist visa. Without thinking twice she said “500,000”,stunned, I hang up. Weeks later I ended up booking a flight to Hongkong.Until now I still don't understand why she said that.Cruel!


Osaka Castle
              Fast- forward to 2012, when my plan to go to Myanmar didn’t push thru I was considering Japan again. I felt like I had to do it before my passport expires because I thought the consul needs to see those stamps in my passport as a proof  that I've traveled before and that I just wanna go sightseeing and not job hunting .I was concerned that applying later with a new passport ,with no stamps yet would ruin my chances of getting a visa. I was not sure about this one though, maybe you could  present an old passport along with the new one just to show that you’ve been to other countries already. Please correct me if I’m wrong. By the time Cebupacific had a sale in July of 2012 I was still having second thoughts because I knew Japan's very expensive so I kept on thinking of one thing that would make the whole trip worth it. Japan doesn’t have a Great Wall,they have Mt. Fuji but still it’s not the Great Wall. Spring just ended so Cherry blossom was out of the question and I actually have seen Cherry Blossom in China anyway.Fall would be a great time to go, I thought, since the autumn colors would be so nice but it’s six months away.I just wanted to get away ASAP.Even up to the point that I already took out my credit card from my wallet I still wasn’t sure.I decided to check the available credits in my card first because I thought it wasn't enough to book a two-way ticket. I lost track of it for a while .To my surprise it was actually more than enough to buy a round trip ticket. It was a SIGN!




              Now the next step was the visa application. Let’s not talk about how much I have now in my account but let’s just say I was confident that I had enough that I booked a round trip ticket worth P11,200 without a visa yet. I researched and I couldn't find anything that says how much the consulate of Japan requires that one should have in his account to be granted a visa. One blog says that regardless of how much money you have as long as you’re able to convince the consul that you’re able to fund the duration of your trip then you’ll be OK.I checked the sites of accredited travel agencies for the other requirements (Tourist Visa application for Japan are now being done thru accredited travel agencies). As early as September 2012 I gathered all the following requirements based on the list provided by Friendship Tours travel agency. I recommend Friendship Tours located in Dusit Hotel along EDSA (to get there you could take the MRT and alight at the Ayala station and go inside SM. Dusit Hotel is right next to SM) because the staff are polite and I’d also read great reviews about them  from other applicants. 

I submitted the following requirements in October:





1.PASSPORT


Validity of more than 6 months / Signed Passport

Broken lamination of the Picture Portion will not be accepted / Must have at least 2 blank pages left in the passport
2.VISA APPLICATION FORM
I suggest that you fill this out before going to the travel agency because the line could get so long and some of those in front of you could have with them applications of an entire company. The form can be downloaded from the Japanese Embassy in the Philippines website. Tourist Visa application for Japan are now being done thru accredited travel agencies.

3.PHOTO (1 Copy of 4.5cm x 4.5cm with white background.) This one is easy as the studios know it like the back of their hand.Just tell them that it's for Tourist Visa for Japan.

4.BIRTH CERTIFICATE (NSO issued with receipt and valid within (1)year.)

Applicants holding (old or valid) passports with used Japan Visa will be exempted from submitting of birth certificate.
     
   IN CASE OF NON-RECORD OF REGISTRATION OF LIVE BIRTH Submit:

1. Non-Record in the NSO. Submit certificate of Non-Record from the NSO and BIRTH CERTIFICATE from the LOCAL CIVIL REGISTRAR.
2. Non-Record in the NSO and LOCAL CIVIL REGISTRAR. Submit certificate of Non-Record from the NSO and the LOCAL CIVIL REGISTRAR.


   IF NSO ISSUED RECORD IS NOT CLEAR Submit:

1. BIRTH CERTIFICATE from the LOCAL CIVIL REGISTRAR.

   IF BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS LATE-REGISTRATION Submit :

1. Birth Certificate from the LOCAL CIVIL REGISTRAR.
2. Original Baptismal Certificate, School Record (Form 137 or report card) School Year Book.(Need contact # of the church,and contact # of the school)

         The other travel agency I went to doesn't have some of the conditions about the birth certificate.If you have a recent copy of an authenticated birth certificate you can check if yours is "late registration" by checking the bottom portion of the certificate.There's something there that would indicate if your birth certificate is " late registration ". 
        I suggest you get an authenticated copy of your birth certificate way ahead of your scheduled application so there’d be enough time to fix things in case they didn’t meet the requirements.
        

        I ordered an authenticated copy of my birth certificate thru the National Statistics Office (NSO) Birth Certificate Delivery Service number 737-1111. Birth certificate application is open 24 hours, 7 days a week, even on Sundays and holidays according to the website nso.citizenservices.com.ph.After the representative on the phone asks for all the information they will give you the instructions on how to pay for it. They asked me to pay it at a Metrobank branch. It cost P350 and you will receive it in 2-3 business days.When you call to order for a copy of your birth certificate be ready with a pen and a paper because you have something to write down.



5.MARRIAGE CONTRACT (If Married) NSO issued and valid within (1)year.
Applicants holding (old or valid) passports with used Japan Visa will be exempted from submitting of marriage contract.

· Incase of non-record.You must submit certificate of non-record together with the one from local civil registrar.

6.TOUR ITINERARY: A blogger says he just made it up. I on the other hand took it seriously because what if they will really check if your plan is indeed to go sightseeing. Of course the itinerary I submitted wasn't final but at least I made it look realistic. I mean you shouldn't put something like "Day1 : Tour of the Osaka Castle ,then Fushimi Inari shrine and then Universal studios" because it's obviously not doable in one day since one of them is located in a different city. If they spot something like this they might suspect that you didn't do your research because you actually had other plans aside from sightseeing.

7.BANK BALANCE CERTIFICATE or a copy of bank book pages for the past 2 years. I have two accounts at two different banks, BPI and Metrobank. Each bank asked me to fill out a form (be ready with all the information especially with your account number).At Metrobank you have to wait for a day to get your bank certificate. They charged me P100. At BPI they charged the same but I got it in less than 30minutes. Again, about the amount that one has to have in his account nothing is specified . Some say it could be because it depends on how long you'll be staying in Japan and what city or place you're visiting.For example Tokyo's more expensive than Kyoto so they might require more money if you're going to a very expensive city like Tokyo.

8.INCOME TAX RETURN (Form 2316 or 1701) Original and (1) photocopy. I had a problem with this because my company no longer provides a hard copy.They just gave me a digitally signed copy. I'm not sure if that's how it is now with all other companies and if it is,are the people from the Japanese Consulate aware of it? I was afraid that they might think that my document came from " Re...to"(if you are from Metro Manila you should know the place). To be sure I also asked for a Certificate of Employment. I think one of the things that convinced the Japanese Consul is the number of years I've been with my company because it could mean that I'm happy with my job and that I don't have plans of leaving and to go job hunting once I get to Japan.

           I submitted my application on a Monday around noontime because I'd read somewhere that it will be processed faster if you submit it during the first day of the week. Some bloggers say they got the results after 2 business days.By Wednesday I was expecting a call from the agency but my phone didn't ring the whole day.I thought I was in trouble because I heard from some people who got denied that they had to wait for so long for the results.I still didn't hear anything from the agency the following day.I was almost convinced that I was denied. By Friday I received a text asking me to call the agency and I thought they'd ask me to submit additional documents.To my surprise the phone rang after few minutes and the staff asked me some personal questions for verification and then divulged the results,yes over the phone. I was told that I had been granted a visa.I heaved a sigh of relief.It was so stressful that I promised I'd never put myself through that again but I'm sure I'd be more than willing to go through twice that trouble if the opportunity to go to my other dream destinations knocks on my door one of these days.

110 comments:

  1. wow Japan! this post will come in handy if ever..thanks for sharing. I think you don't have to worry about stamps on your old passport as it can all be check online they'll know which countries you've been to, feeling ko lang. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo nga daw may way sila parA malaman.thanks for dropping by

      Delete
    2. Hi There! is it possible that I will be granted with a visa if first time ko palang mag travel abroad? gusto ko sana pumunta ng okinawa. :)

      Delete
    3. Medyo matagal na yung question pero FYI sa mga first time travellers, I just got my first ever Visa after applying for the single entry tourist visa. ^_^ Good luck sa mga magaapply.

      Delete
    4. congrats!!!hi! gusto ko lng malaman kung ano pinakita mong docs and sang agency ka nagpassist for ur visa?how much?can u send info thru my email?muchelle014@yahoo.com thanks

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this post! I'm in the midst of getting my requirements for my japan visa and I see this post as very helpful. Kinakabahan ako sa visa, bumili na din kasi ako ng tickets, kaya sobrang natatakot ako if di ako magrantan. I'm hoping for the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck yanna!thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  3. Hi Melvin,

    Thanks for this info.Just want to ask of how much is the processing fee of travel agency? I'm just starting to apply for visa. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovely,the processing fee for tourist visa for japan at "friendship tours "located in Dusit Hotel is P1200.Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  4. Hello Melvin I'm afraid my saved funds wouldn't be enough. Is 100,000Php should be the amount stated in your bank statement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi miss nostalgic wanderer, I think there is no fixed amount that the consulate requires . I think what matters is you're able to convince them that with the duration of your trip your funds are enough
      ReplyDelete

      Delete
  5. hope I could also go to Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Japan visa is still free but because of making it arrange through a travel agency, there is a service fee. For me, Friendship Tours' fee is cheap already since others charges more. Melvin, do they still require personal appearance at interview at the embassy even through a travel agency arrangement?
    Yung last apply ko is nung time na wala pang through agency arrangement yung visa back in 2004 pa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi we are training and looking for leaders (part timers welcome ) to join us as we expand all over the world - you are welcome if u love to travel all over the world and want to earn up to USD5-10k per month,
    We provide
    1.A cool lifestyle n fun Travel club/ family
    2. Travel together and see the wonders of the world
    3.Save money on flights and hotels
    4.Make money and Earn free travels
    5.Awarded as World's leading travel booking site 2012.
    6.Partnered with Master Card -enjoy 30-50 % discount in 4-5 star hotels worldwide including marina bay sands
    7. Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year finalist for 2010
    Pls. message me to discuss-
    visit my own travel website at:
    http://louislim.worldventures.biz/
    Pls watch our testimonial videos at : http://besttravelclub.co.nf/
    Pls. Register at http://louislim.dreamtripslife.com/ for FREE ACCOUNT to access discounted hotels (1 to 5 stars included) and flights (budget & major airlines included) by clicking
    1st step "shop for travel- upper right of website"
    2nd step-'Become a preferred customer - upper left portion of website"
    Pls. do not hesitate to message me anytime...

    ReplyDelete
  8. JAPAN!!!! gusto ko rin yan mabisita dahil gusto kong matikman ang lahat ng snacks nila hehe. babaw ba ng reason? and pagbalik ko dito puno ng food ung maleta ko dapat. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ian...they dont require personal appearance na.
    @midsummer thanks for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. VERY HELPFUL INDEED AND ENCOURAGING!!! I'm also planning to visit Beijing next year but I'm concerned that the territorial dispute between China & the Philippines might have some "effects" on Filipino travelers there. Another option is Japan. It is my dream to see sakura in full bloom. Did you travel alone? Is Japan difficult to navigate since almost everything is in Japanese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ayen, yes i traveled alone.medyo mahirap i- navigate ang osaka at kyoto compared sa beijing but if you have a smart phone naman ok na and napakamababait ng mga japanese parating willing to help.thanks for visiting my blog

      Delete
  11. Yung Metrobank Bank Certificate can be processed the same day too. Anung branch yan? I used to be a Metrobank employee kaya alam ko same day lang dapat. Bilis lang kaya gawin nun. lol

    Thanks for this post! How many years ka sa employer mo nung humingi ka ng CoE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi bims ,pinabalik nila talaga ako.same thing din when i applied for a visa to china 2 years ago.so ganun na talaga ata process nila.3 yrs na ako with my company.thanks for visiting my blog

      Delete
  12. Your blog post is very informative, i really want to go to japan. I have a question, if were going to travel in group (with family). Is it required to get individual bank accounts and have the same amount for the grant of the tourist visa.? Were three in the family, my mom and sister are the ones who's working and im still a student. My mom and sister have a money, but for me who's not yet working, what should I do??? What do you think?? Hope to hear from you soon. thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi ivy ,whoever shoulders the expenses will be the one to submit the bank statement .by the way my answer to the queries above are just based on my own research and personal experience.i'm not an expert and i'm not in anyway connected with a travel agency or the consulate of japan.thanks for visiting my blog and hope your application will be granted

      Delete
  13. Very helpful information. I got the same feeling when I applied for Chinese visa. Fortunately, I got my visa granted. I just came back from Beijing last week.hopefully, I can visit Japan this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lerzy,ganda ng beijing di ba? yeah you should visit japan too.thanks for visiting my blog

      Delete
  14. Hi,

    Gaano po kaaga dapat kumuha ng visa? Plano po kasi namin na pumunta doon ng March/April next year. Natatakot lang kaming ma-decline kasi six months pa ulit maghihintay. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, In my opinion kung wala ka namang problems with your documents then even 3 weeks prior to your trip pwede pa kasi it doesnt take that long for them to approve it but just to be safe dapat may allowance in case my additional requirements na hihingin or if there's anything unexpected na magyari like delays sa processing then may time pa.Kung may mga trips ka na rin naman siguro abroad at you can prove naman that you can fund your trip then go lang.ako din natakot but looking back,parang wala naman palang dapat ikatakot if you have all the requirements.thanks for visiting my blog

      Delete
    2. Medyo mahal rin kasi yung ticket (anghirap maghabol ng promo) kaya natatakot ako. Ayokong maghintay na maapprove yung visa bago bumili ng ticket kasi baka ubos na by then (at sobrang mahal na yung matitira), pero ayokong magkaroon ng hassle sa refunds/non-refunds kung sakaling ma-decline. Thanks!

      Delete
    3. I understand.the visa kasi expires after 3 mos so you cant apply too early.ganun din naging dilemma ko but i had to take the risk kaya lang stressed out ako while waiting.

      Delete
  15. Love your blog. I've been wanting to visit Japan. Love to try authentic Japanese food! My husband and I are planning to go there by next year with our kids if our budget permits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks melissa.magandang destination talaga ang japan if you travel with kids kasi safe doon and may disney at universal studios for the kids.

      Delete
  16. Hi! Help naman po. Ganu po ba dapat katagal na yung bank account? Saka anong klase po kaya? Kasi wala pa po akong bank account. Mag-oopen palang po ako.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi merry,wala namang requirement sa kung gaano na katagal dapat ang account mo.makikikita rin kasi nila yan sa itr mo.baka kasi yung iba maglagay ng pera bigla sa account pero their itr wont corroborate it.savings pwede.thanks for visiting my blog

      Delete
  17. I was checking the requirements from an accredited travel agency but had not the chance because I called beyond office hours. I thank God I landed on your blog. We have the supporting documents from Japan readied since it is a convention we're attending. I hope these documents will suffice along with the other requirements you've mentioned. Thank you for the complete info.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this blog's so helpful. I'm planning to visit Japan in September or October this year. Is proof of airline ticket a requirement? What if I was denied a visa? Could i purchase a ticket when I have my visa? Thanks & God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. proof of airline ticket is not a requirement.but i had to purchase mine before i got a visa para makamura.thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  19. hi kuya, magkano po lahat yung binayad mo po for the visa application? thanks po. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello po! I read your blog and it was very helpful. Question: Do I really need to collect travel stamps (go to other countries) first so that my tourist visa for Japan will get approve? Sa Japan talaga kasi ang gusto lang puntahan kaya nag-iipon na ako para sa trip ko doon pero kung pupunta ako sa ibang bansa, magse-setback ang punta ko doon.

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi leslie, hindi naman siguro required yun pero it helps to establish na gusto mo lang talaga mag travel dun,dahil hilig mo yun.Ngayon even if it's your first time to go abroad pero ma convince mo sila na hindi ka mag TNT and that you're able to fund your trip e di walang problem.thanks for reading my blog.I appreaciate it so much!

      Delete
    2. need cash to migrate to another country? to study abroad? or to visit tourist destinations overseas? No Problem! Our Travel Assistance Loan is the ANSWER!
      Get your Bank Certificate for your VISA. 1 day processing.
      text or call me at 0905-3051974

      Delete
  21. does the friendship travel tours offer a package to japan from ticket to accomodation to tour? Thanks! great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi kailangn ba my plane ticket na before mgapply ng visa?

    ReplyDelete
  23. good day.. i found your blog as very informative. by the way i would just like to ask regarding the ITR. what if kung OFW ka, as we all know walang ITR ang mga OFW, so ok lang kaya if employment and bank certificate lang ang isubmit? sufficient na kaya yun.. and one more thing, ok lang kaya na ang isusubmit na bank certificate eh galing sa joint account namin ng mama ko. And hindi kasama ang mama ko sa trip papuntang tokyo. thanks..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. need cash to migrate to another country? to study abroad? or to visit tourist destinations overseas? No Problem! Our Travel Assistance Loan is the ANSWER!
      Get your Bank Certificate for your VISA. 1 day processing.
      text or call me at 0905-3051974

      Delete
  24. need cash to migrate to another country? to study abroad? or to visit tourist destinations overseas? No Problem! Our Travel Assistance Loan is the ANSWER!
    Get your Bank Certificate for your VISA. 1 day processing.
    text or call me at 0905-3051974

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi.

    Ilang days valid yung Japanese visa?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi ask ko lng kung wala akong msubmit n ITR? Mddeny po b ko kung walang msubmit n ITR? My US visa nko and planning to visit japan kc sayang nmn since my stop over ako s japan to US.

    ReplyDelete
  27. hi! Our company decided to send 3 employees to Japan for training.
    Same process and requirements din po ba kapag ganito? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Melvin..
    Oky lng ba wla kc ako bank account..pero ung guarantor ko is japanese..??

    ReplyDelete
  29. may agency b jan sa japan n tumatanggap ng late registered? tnx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Maraming salamat po, Mr. Melvin P. sa pag-share ng experience ninyo.
    Sana maka-visit din ako sa Japan. Nagsisimula pa lang ako mag-research at yung blog mo yung inuna kong basahin kaysa yung mga news articles about going to Japan. This blog entry of yours is hugely helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi People,
    Very inspiring and synthetic post about possibilities to live in Japan and relative VISA procedure. It can be a patchwork of ideas for many person wishing living Japan.
    I permit myself to post services of one company which assist foreigners individuals and companies who would like to live in Japan.
    This company provide services such as Japan real estate, work japanese VISA, or godo gaisha set up etc.

    http://www.visaforjapan.com

    Best regards !

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi just want to ask if im.planning to visit japan on may 3 what month should i submit my visa application?how many days is the processing?thank u
    Hope to hear from you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rushell, single-entry visas are valid for three months ,double-entry visas for six months. Multiple-entry visas are valid for 12 months. So for example you are granted a single entry visa the validity starts from the date it's issued which means if youre leaving may 3 pwede na one month before. That would leave you 2 months pa na valid pa visa mo. One month before your trip is safe because some applicants are required to submit additional documents.Based on my experience I submitted my application on a Monday and the agency called me friday but when I checked the visa it was actually issued the day after I submitted it. I just dont know why it took so long for the agency to inform me of the results. Thanks for dropping by and good luck to your trip!

      Delete
    2. Hi Rushell, single-entry visas are valid for three months ,double-entry visas for six months. Multiple-entry visas are valid for 12 months. So for example you are granted a single entry visa the validity starts from the date it's issued which means if youre leaving may 3 pwede na one month before. That would leave you 2 months pa na valid pa visa mo. One month before your trip is safe because some applicants are required to submit additional documents.Based on my experience I submitted my application on a Monday and the agency called me friday but when I checked the visa it was actually issued the day after I submitted it. I just dont know why it took so long for the agency to inform me of the results. Thanks for dropping by and good luck to your trip!

      Delete
  33. Hello, Melvin.

    Your post is very informative. Just one question. On the application form field that asks you if you have a former nationality or citizenship, what did you indicate? Ako kasi I haven't had any other citizenship aside from being a Filipino. Ang choices kasi sa drop down is yung name ng countries, stateless and unknown. Please advise. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  34. HI Jinnger C.,I'm sorry I didnt have to select from a drop down box. I just filled out a printed form.N/A lang nilagay ko sa field na yun.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi .. Your post is very informative .. Actually i'm foreigner and staying at cebu city right now .. Do anyone has some information how to apply japan visa from cebu as foreigner ... Since i dont have local document such as tax income etc etc ..

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi po. gusto po kasi akong irequest ng tita ko na nasa Okinawa.. kung i so-shoulder po nya lahat ng gastos need ko pa po ba yung Bank Cert. and Tax Income? hope to hear from you soon. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi jhoice, if your tita is the one who will shoulder the expenses sya ang magsubmit ng proof na capable sya.you can check the updated requirements sa website ng friendship tours agency where i applied.http://www.visa.friendshipmanila.com.It also depends what type of visa you'll be applying for.may categories kasi.i think yours will fall under a different category from the ordinary tourist visa.thanks for visiting my blog

      Delete
  37. Hello, Melvin! I don't have a bank account because I save my money in a Cooperative. Sa tingin mo pwede kaya yung kooperatiba? =)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Melvin.. How about my passport (PH passport)? Do I need to give it to the travel agency? Upon approval of my Japan visa, it needs to be attached in my Philippine passport, correct? So how does it work? Does the travel agency need to collect my password first prior to my visa application or it needs to be submitted after the approval of my visa?
    Thank you for the information..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. --sorry for the typo---

      Does the travel agency need to collect my PASSPORT first prior to my visa application or it needs to be submitted after the approval of my visa?
      Thank you for the information.

      Delete
    2. Hi PJ,you need to leave your passport at the agency along with the other requirements as they are processing your application.They will return it to you with the visa once approved.Good luck to your application! thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  39. Hi po, kelan po ba pwede magaaply ng visa? 3 months before po ba ng trip? Let's say Nov yun flight mo, so mga August need ko na magpasa sa agency ng mga documents for processing? Is that applicable to all agencies for japan visa? Sorry! First timer here hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok got the answer by reading the thread. Sorry hehe. But it's weird po kasi when I asked the agency on when to apply for visa, she told me that it should be three months before my trip. E kung 3 months lang pala validity ng visa, then expired na yun bago pako makarating. I guess di lang kami nagkaintindihan ni ate. Thanks for your blog, sir! :)

      Delete
  40. Hi Melvin P, in terms of applying for a Visa, ok lang ba magapply kahit wala ka pang hotel na matutuluyan or dapat nakalagay din sa itinerary mo 'yun?

    Nagbook ka ba agad ng hotel after mo magbook ng flight? Or nagbook ka ng hotel after mo ma-approve sa Japanese Visa?

    Thanks and more power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aian. When I applied It was not a requirement but when i filled out the application form it asked for the address of where I'll be staying so I just put in where I was planning to stay even if I hadn't booked it yet. You may verify this with the accredited travel agency I mentioned above if the requirements are still the same. Thanks for dropping by.Good luck!

      Delete
  41. hi..ask ko lng paano kung na denied yung tourist visa..pede bang magaaply ulit khit wla pang 6 months..kung other reason naman ang iaapply ko ok lng b..wla po ba magiging problema?..kung pang working visa po ba ang iaaply po..wla po b magiging problema..repply po pls..thankd

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi riza, I had to research for the answer to your question.This is what i found from this link, http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/faq.html#q3-1
    Q3: Why can't I reapply immediately after my visa application was rejected?
    A3: We do not accept your visa application if your previous application was rejected and you will apply for the same purpose of visit within six months from the rejection. This is because if, for example, we accept the same application the day after it was rejected, the circumstances of the applicant would not change so that the result of examination would be the same. However, we sometimes accept re-applications within six months in cases where your circumstances have changed significantly after the rejection, and travel to Japan is necessary for humanitarian reasons. Consult with the Japanese Embassy or Consulate where you plan to apply for the visa before making the application.I'm sorry I'm not an expert so i just had to google it.You may verify that with the accredited agency I mentioned on my post.Thanks for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hillo poh,
    Nais ko sana maisama ang anak ko dito sa japan.kahit 2weeks lang poh
    May passport na ang anak ko
    Uuwe poh ako ng march 22
    Ano poh ba kaikangan ko pung dalhin
    Wala poh kasi akong alam
    Please tulungan nyo poh ako
    Gumagalang
    Gloria Fukuhara

    ReplyDelete
  44. Kung may alam poh
    Sana kayung maglakad sa visa ng anako punta japan
    Ito po yung mail add ko
    gfg-paster-gsh@ezweb.ne.jp
    Cell phone 09011556603

    ReplyDelete
  45. hello,im planning to visit in japan nandon po pinsan ko nakapag asawa po cya ng hapon anu po ba keylangan requirements para sa visit visa and wla po akong work do i need to get itr or coe and how much money would i put s bank account.para show money s embassy ng japan.. and i had plan po to work there kce ganon din ginagawa ng pinsan ko ang nong tapus na yong pag visit nila omowi din cla ng pinas.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi! I really wanted to come to Japan for my 25th birthday. Okay na okay ako sa travel history (Hong Kong 2x, Macau, Singapore 2x, South Korea, Shenzhen, Malaysia) pero yung work ko kasi Independent Contractor. So wala akong Certificate of Employment though may ITR ako (Form 1701) for 2013 (may tax yung raket ko). Keri na kaya yon? How much pala ang show money and how many months dapat sa account ko yung pera? Yung husband ko naman working for almost a year. May 2316 naman sya, kaso baka di pa kaya gaya ng nabanggit mo. Anong agency ka pala nagpatulong sa visa application? Thanks~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! This is more than a year after your comment, but I want to know if you were successful in your visa application given your circumstances? I'm in the same dilemma right now.

      Delete
  47. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  48. hi, tanung ko lng kung pde gamitin ang payrol account s bank certificate.. wala kc akong ibang acct. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi po sir, plan ko po sana punta japan may 2 bank acc ako ang prob e wla po ako ITR. panu yan? hope masagot mo ang tanong ko..thnks and godbless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mitch, ITR is really required kasi yan yung proof kung paano ka nagkapera.kahit may sapat ka pa na funds to travel kung hindi mo naman ma prove kung saan galing,that would raise qustions.isa pa i dont think tatanggapn nila application kung walang ITR.thanks for visiting my blog

      Delete
    2. I don't think ITR is necessary for visa application... becoz what if you just had your job just this year?! Most probabaly u don't have an ITR yet for 2013, right?! So your latest ITR for year 2014 will be release April 2015... so it's impossible. If that is the case then you can actually submit ur COE and payslips maybe to prove that u are earning here in Philippines and will be able to support the trip...

      Delete
  50. plan ko to go to japan this may,nag aayos ako ng docs for visa oks lang ba kahit 1 bank acct lang ang ipakita?& thanks kc very informative ang blog mo.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Anu bang meron bkt big issue ang late registration ng live birth sa pagaapply ng visa sa japan lalo n working visa, dinisqualify ako sa inapplyan kong trabaho sa japan dhil sa birth certificate ko n late register although qualified n qualified ako sa trabahong inaapplyan ko

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi Melvin!thank you for a very informative and helpful article.I hope lahat tyo mabigyan ng visa ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. naman! michelle .I wish everyone good luck sa application nila lalo na yung gusto lang talaga mag travel at dream na makita ang mundo.Push nyo lang yan!

      Delete
  53. Hi! Thanks for Blog! It was very informative. I would like to ask some questions regarding application. Its been a week already that i submitted my requirements. They put my application on hold due to some lacking requirements but I already submit it to them. how long it will take if it is follow up applcation?

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi melvin.
    It will be my first trip abroad.
    And I want it to be in japan. My gf is in japan and I asked her if she can send me an invite thinking this would greatly help me be approved for the visa.
    I am just afraid that since this will be my first travel, I may be denied of the visa to Japan.
    Please share your thoughts buddy.

    Thanks in advance.
    Darryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi darryl,sorry for the late reply.I think what matters is that either you or your gf can prove that you can fund the trip.Yun naman talaga ang isa sa pinakatinitingnan nila.Another is good reason na babalik ka pa ng pilipinas.In my opinion kung may sarili ka naman savings and you have a stable job here or business,pwedeng wag ka na pa-invite sa gf mo kasi pwedeng maging liability din sya.if she's working there pwedeng isipin nila na baka she'll help you look for a job there.depende na yan paano nila titingnan.

      Delete
  55. Got my japan visa today.thanks to your blog.nakapag prepare ako ng maige :) thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  56. May I know the amount you had in your bank cert? Pls I really need to have an idea just to know I'm on the right track..

    ReplyDelete
  57. is it possible to get a visa without ITR or COE?

    ReplyDelete
  58. forgot to add, i have been to japan twice (still in my passport though im up for renewal next year)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hi ash , I dont think pwede yun kasi those two are proofs na first you can afford to travel at present kahit na nakapunta ka na dun before and second may source of income ka and may babalikan ka sa Pilipinas.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hello. Im production operator here in taiwan... I had a plan to apply at japan but main problem my n.s.o birth certificate was late register what should i do for it

    ReplyDelete
  61. Hi I’m Ivy I am public school teacher. i have a US marine boyfriend stationed in okinawa japan. we havent met so im planning to go see him on christmas. i have all the requirements he sent me all the documents needed im just waiting for the travel order that i requested coming from the department of education. do you think the travel order can help ? because i dont have travel history before. I am planning to apply for visa SOFA status since he’s working in the military and the agent also said that i am applicable for sofa. the sofa can allow me to stay up to 30 days but i am only applying for 15 days of stay. I am planning to apply before the end of october and my trip is on dec 20 to jan3. do you think its too late? i heard the japan visa processing result can only take like 1 week. . do you think that i have the chance to get approve since i am complete with all the requirements and i have a permanent job here in the philippines. please what can i do or can you give me advise on what to do? im really scared to get denied please help me.?

    ReplyDelete
  62. Required na bang magpa-reserve or magpa book ng hotel kahit wala pang visa? TY.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Very informative post. I'm glad that I've found this one. Anyway, I just want to ask how long does visa processing procedure in japan takes place?

    ReplyDelete
  64. I am applying for a caregiver pero I don't have any training record OK lang ba na nag peprepare na ko ng mga requirements passport etc.. San ba kino conduct ang training..?sabi kc ng employer ko prepared ko agad requirements.. Tama ba un? Hindi ba six months training muna before the requirements.?

    ReplyDelete
  65. Vey nice blog my japan visa was grant 2 working days lang and im happy kasi nabigyan ako ng 90 days of stay this is my first time travel abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  66. hi sr can i ask if i can apply the tourist visa 3 weeks before my flight?

    ReplyDelete
  67. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. sırbistan vize

    ReplyDelete