Wednesday, October 22, 2014

UNESCO World Heritage

Few weeks ago I came across an article about the inclusion of Mt. Hamiguitan in Davao Oriental in the UNESCO World Heritage list. I was so surprised but so proud at the same time. Being included in that list is such an honor.It is a big deal ! Places that get added to the list automatically become "must-sees" and can draw a lot of tourists.The Philippines has now six, Baroque Churches of the Philippines ( San Agustin church in Intramuros Manila, Sta. Maria Church in Ilocos Sur, Paoay Church in Ilocos Norte , and Miag-ao Church in Ilo-ilo), Tubbataha Reefs National Park, Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras , Historic Town Of Vigan, Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park, and this year Mt.Hamiguitan just got added.It's a shame though that of the UNESCO World Heritage sites that we have in this country I've only been to one,the San Agustin Church in Intramuros. I promise to visit more of our own as I have already been to some abroad. These are places that I make sure are part of my itinerary when I travel as they have so much cultural and historical significance.I hope we see more in the future.


 Versailles Parks and Palace, France
Banks of the Seine , Paris , France  


The Pantheon , Rome , Italy 



The Forum , Rome, Italy


Colosseum , Rome, Italy

The Vatican , Italy 



Historic Center of Florence


Venice and its Lagoon , Italy
  Mill network at Kinderdijk

Canal Ring Area Of Amsterdam
 Kiyomizu- dera Temple , Kyoto , Japan
Tenryu-ji Temple, Kyoto , Japan

Great Wall, Beijing, China


Forbidden City , Beijing , China

Temple of Heaven , Beijing , China

Angkor , Cambodia



No comments:

Post a Comment